Pipe Freeze Protection
Drexan’s PipeGuard Self-Regulating cables for pipe freeze protection have the most accurate power output and longest life expectancy in the market.
Backed by the industry’s best warranty!
Drexan HeatTracer products are designed to:
- Serve the most demanding environments including hazardous and non-hazardous areas, as well as areas where corrosive exposure may be of concern.
- Be certified to; CSA (CUS) standards for use throughout North America, ATEX for Europe, and is suitable for both metal and non-metal pipes, tanks and vessels.
The integrity of a trace heating system depends upon design accuracy, cable selection and the quality of the installation. An improperly designed and installed trace heating system could result in cable failure and possible physical injury.
Fire Sprinkler Freeze Protection
Drexan provides recommendations for designing a pipe freeze protection system for fire sprinkler piping, using Drexan HeatTracer MultiTrace cables.
Our design guide provides:
- System design and performance data
- Information on trace heating monitoring and control, electrical sizing information, and various configuration recommendations.
- It assumes the fire protection system has been designed by others qualified in the art.
Drexan’s instructions provide a step-by-step procedure for determining the best solution for fire sprinkler system freeze protection applications. The installation manual provides general guidance for installing the heating cable and components on fire sprinkler piping. Additional installation instructions are included with the connection kits, controllers, and accessories.